If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Bluetooth card reader, please ensure you follow these steps:
Make sure your application is set up as follows:
- Your device has Bluetooth enabled in the device settings.
- Your device has Location Services enabled in the device settings.
- Connection is established via the point of sale application and not from Bluetooth Settings on your device.
- If the card reader is connected through the Bluetooth Settings on your device, please select 'Forget device' and establish a connection through the point of sale application.
- View this article on how to connect your card reader to the point of sale.
Make sure your reader is sufficiently charged and operating within the Bluetooth range.
- If a reader software update is needed prior to connecting to the point of sale application, at least 50% of battery life is required.
- If no reader software update is needed, at least 10% of battery life is required.
Make sure your card reader is able to successfully install software updates.
- If required software updates fail to install, then the reader will fail to connect to the point-of-sale application.
- When installing software updates, leave the device powered on and in range near your POS application.
- If software updates fail repeatedly, then record the error message and contact support.
If the connectivity issues still persist, you can attempt a reset of the device by inserting a pin into the small pinhole right beneath the power button, then reconnect the reader to try again.
If all of the above fail, please contact support.
How to contact support
You can reach our support chat by clicking on the small blue box located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Alternatively, you can email us at Support@airpos.co.uk