Connecting your domain name to Shopify is usually simple.
For example if your domain is registered with GoDaddy, Google Domains or 1&1 IONOS you can simply log into those accounts within Shopify to connect your domain.
- Firstly, navigate to your Shopify admin and go to Online Store > Domains
- Click on Connect Existing Domain
- Enter the name of your domain, for example, "airpointofsale.com"
- Click Next and Connect Automatically
- In the Sign In window, log in to where your domain is hosted
- Click Connect
In our case we use Google for our domains, and therefore it was a simple case of logging into our Google.domains account to hook up our www.airposhardware.com domain to Shopify.
If your domain is not registered on one of the previous options, you can connect your domain to Shopify manually by doing the following...
- Log in to your domain provider
- Navigate to your DNS Settings (May be named something different)
- Edit your A record to point to Shopify's IP address 126.96.36.199