From April 5th 2022 we have moved from PayPal to Stripe for processing our subscribers payments. This is due to two things:
- Firstly Stripe is a far superior subscription payments system to PayPal which will allow you to manage your AirPOS subscription much better than you can currently
- Secondly the new PSD2 EU directive (which the UK has adopted also post Brexit) is now in force and all online businesses must support what's called Secure Customer Authenication and we want our payments to be as secure and future proofed as possible.
This change will happen automatically, however you will be asked to enter your card details in the backoffice again as part of the transition between processors.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I pay my AirPOS subscription by PayPal can I continue to do this?
While we processed our payments through PayPal previously we never actually allowed payment from a PayPal account only via cards. This is the same with our new Stripe paywall, you will need a valid debit or credit card to use the platform as before.
I'm having an issue with my bank card what can I do to resolve this?
We have seen some issues with Metro bank cards, Santander cards, AIB cards and others. This is because of the introduction of 3D Secure verification on cards. Either way be assured we will not lock you out of AirPOS.
- If you are with Metro bank they have introduced an Authenticator App which you need to register with to allow SCA payments to be taken from your cards. You can find out more on this here
- If you are with AIB they have introduced an Authenticator App which you need to register with to allow SCA payments to be taken from your cards. You can find out more on this here
- If you are with TSB they can authenticate SCA payments to be taken from your cards via the TSB Mobile Banking App or TSB Business Mobile App (if you regularly use the app) or by sending a one-time password to a mobile (recommended) or UK landline. You can find out more on this here
- If you are with Lloyds they can authenticate SCA payments to be taken from your cards via the Lloyds Mobile Banking App or by sending a one-time password to a trusted mobile phone number You can find out more on this here
We will update this article as we identify other banks who are causing issues with SCA payments. We apologise however we have simply implimented the legislated updates, it's very poor form for the banks to be so poor at supporting this!
What if I currently pay annually?
Note that if you currently pay us annually you will be moved back to monthly billing as part of this transition. If you have a requirement to continue to be billed annually please let us know via the support system in your backoffice or via email to email@example.com
What if I currently pay by direct debit?
Direct debit bill payers will not be affected by this change.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a support ticket in your backoffice, we will be more than happy to help.