PayPal Here Payments on AndroidSetting up PayPal Here Payments
You will need a PayPal Business Account in order to use the PayPal Here device to take card, contactless or Apple Pay payments. If you do not already have a PayPal business account you can sign up for one at the following link.
If you have a PayPal Business Account you can proceed to downloading the Paypal Here app from the Play Store at the following link
PayPal Here on the Play Store
Setting up Your PayPal Location.
To accept in-store payments by PayPal you'll need to authorise AirPOS to manage your PayPal location. This is done in the backoffice by clicking on POS and then tap on PayPal. The screen will change and you'll see a large button to 'Enable PayPal'. Tap on that and you'll see the following screen.
Just enter your PayPal credentials and after a few moments PayPal will verify your account and bring you back to the backoffice.
Before you can enable PayPal Here you will need to pair the payment device with your android tablet.Pairing the Classic Card Reader;
Pairing the M10 Card Reader
Turn on the PayPal Here card reader. Press the PayPal Here card reader ON button once then wait for the Bluetooth light to slowly blink. Hold the SYNC button until the Bluetooth light blinks rapidly.
Pair the card reader with your Android tablet.
Go to the settings on your tablet and turn on Bluetooth. Select your PayPal Here cardreader from the list of available devices to pair it to your device. The cardreader will be listed among available devices as ‘PayPal’ plus the last 3 digits of the serial number (S/N) printed at the top of the device.
If you have a PayPal account log in, otherwise download the app from the Google Play Store, sign up and log in. It’ll take only a few moments.
It is important to log in to PayPal before you log in to AirPOS if you anticipate receiving payments by PayPal.
Once you’ve logged in to the PayPal Here app it will automatically connect to the card reader you just paired and the Bluetooth light will turn solid blue. If you have problems connecting to the reader you can connect manually from within the app’s settings.
- In order to pair your PayPal Here device with the Tablet, you will need to switch on the PayPal device. For the PayPal M10 device (black device with a large black PayPal logo at the top) press and hold the blue power button which you will find on the top right of the card reader (see the diagram below). When you turn on the card reader it's screen will display a starting up message followed by the instruction to open the PayPal Here application on your tablet.
- Next press and hold the bluetooth button on the respective reader, until the light blinks blue.
- Press the Home button on your Tablet to return you to the Home screen. Locate the Settings App on your iPad and tap on this. In the settings you will notice a Bluetooth tab on the left of the screen, press this tab to open the Bluetooth settings and ensure that Bluetooth is switched on using the slider beside Bluetooth on / off.
- Next select the PayPal device from the list of available Bluetooth devices. The device will be listed as 'PayPal...' followed by the last three digits of the serial number on the device (S/N). The devices should pair. Follow the onscreen prompts that you should see.
Setting up PayPal Here on AirPOS
- Having set up your account, downloaded the application and paired your payment device with your tablet the next step is to set up payments on your device.
Now log in to AirPOS. To set up payments on your Android tablet click the settings button on the top right of your screen. Next select payments from the left panel.
On the resultant screen set the ‘Do You have PayPal Here?’ to ‘Yes’. Go back to your AirPOS POS,
- Select an item to sell (mark it down to £1.00. You can refund it later when you’ve completed the transaction).
- Tap the ‘Tender’ button.
Then from the available options select ‘PayPal’ then ‘Tender’.
You will be brought into the PayPal application
- You may see an onscreen prompt to advise you that the PayPal cardreader is connected. When you press the ‘Charge’ button your customer will be prompted to insert his card.
After which your customer will be asked to wait and then to enter his / her PIN on the keypad and press the green √ button to confirm
The PayPal application will then change to say that it is ‘Processing Payment’.
After a moment the screen will change again to say that the transaction was successful ‘Please Remove Card’
At this point PayPal will ask if you want to send a receipt, email or text or no receipt
Finally the PayPal app will present an ‘All Done’ Screen. When you press the ‘New Sale’ button you will be brought back to the AirPOS application and AirPOS will print a receipt.
- Congratulations you’ve made your first transaction using PayPal Here.