Payments with Payleven on Android
- You will need to connect the card reader via Bluetooth to the tablet. To turn the device on there is a very small button in the middle on the left hand side of the device which is slightly indented into the reader.
Go to the Settings page on your Android device. Turn on Bluetooth. Tap 'Scan' at the top right of the screen on your Android devbice which will immediately start scanning for available devices
- Whilst the Bluetooth screen is open, hold down the ‘0’ on your Chip & PIN device until the screen appears with ‘You can connect payleven(serial number)’. The name of your payleven device should also appear among ‘Other Devices’ on the Bluetooth screen of your tablet.
- Tap on the name of your Payleven device. After a short moment the Android screen will display a message to 'Pair with payleven(serial number)' and will display a six digit code as see below.
- ‘After a moment the screen on the card reader will ask you to accept pairing with the Android tablet and will display the same six digit code. Select ‘Pair’ on the tablet then press the green tick on the card reader. It is important to press pair on the tablet before pressing the green tick on the card reader. As soon as you press the green tick on the card reader the Payleven device will appear on your Android device as paired.
If the connection times out and you receive a message saying ‘Pairing unsuccessful’ then repeat the process by pressing and holding the ‘0’ on the cardreader
Now go to the Payleven app and log in. Press the settings icon.
- Tap on the name of your Chip & PIN reader or the image of the Chip and PIN reader. A screen will appear saying ‘Deviceboarding successful’. Press ‘ok’.
You are now ready to take payments Using Payleven.
The next step is to set up your POS device to accept payment by Payleven. Open the AirPOS application and click on the settings button at the top right of your screen and the from the left navigation panel select ‘Payments’.
- Set the switch for Payleven to ‘Yes’.
- When you perform a transaction on AirPOS at the point of tender, from the tender screen select ‘Payleven’ and then ‘Tender’.
- You will then be brought into the Payleven application. On the ‘New payment’ screen of the Payleven app press the charge button…
…and from the new modal window select ‘Chip & PIN’
At this point the customer will be prompted by the Payleven app to insert his card into the card reader, enter his PIN and press the green tick on the card reader. After the sale has processed you will be asked if you wish to email a receipt to the customer or print a receipt. If you decide to email the receipt you enter the customers email address in the appropriate field and press the ‘Send’ button on the on screen keypad.
At this point you will see a successful paid screen which will prompt you to return to AirPOS where you can conduct a new transaction.
If you’re having problems with pairing…
Turn bluetooth off and on and try again. Restart the card reader and try again. Log out of the application and try logging back in. Uninstall and then re-install the Payleven app. Try restarting your tablet. If you’re using a tablet remember to turn it off from time to time to ensure the smooth running of your apps.
NB: Payleven recommend that you keep the cardreader plugged in to charge in order to avoid the device going sleep and dropping Bluetooth connection.